By Wanda Webb PhD, Richard K. Adler PhD CCC-SLP
The concise, easy-to-understand Neurology for the Speech-Language Pathologist, sixth variation provides scholars and clinicians with a realistic consultant for the research and figuring out of neurology in speech-language pathology (SLP). Correlated with scientific syndromes and illnesses obvious in SLP, it can provide a superior figuring out of the frightened process, together with: improvement of the apprehensive method, association of the mind, protecting mechanisms, descending motor and ascending sensory pathways, and cranial nerves. New content material, case stories, and a powerful medical concentration make this re-creation crucial as you progress into practice.
- Case reports and scientific applications
- Presents advanced details clearly in a concise, easy-to-understand demeanour.
- Clinical emphasis throughout makes this article important as you progress into scientific perform ― and get ready for the Praxis examination.
- Evolve spouse website has vocabulary flashcards and research questions with solutions so scholars can investigate their wisdom.
- Key phrases in every one bankruptcy and an end-of-text glossary provide you with quick access to actual, concise definitions.
in clinically orientated chapters give you lifelike scientific functions.
- NEW! Separate part on pediatric speech and language disorders
- EXPANDED! up-to-date sections on neurodiagnostic and neuroimaging methods, in addition to formative years apraxia of speech, fluency problems, Autism, and TBI.
- NEW! up to date dialogue of the anatomy and serve as of the cerebellum delivers the most up-tp-date info.
- UPDATED! Covers the most recent neuroimaging research on anatomy, body structure, and issues of speech-language.
- EXPANDED! Discusses the mind connectivity and the neural community underlying studying and language.
- EXPANDED! Addresses motor keep an eye on for speech production so that you remain within the comprehend.
, together with a bankruptcy at the constructing brain.