By The Unicode Consortium
"Hard reproduction types of the Unicode average were one of the most important and such a lot seriously used reference books in my own library for years."
--Donald E. Knuth, The artwork of desktop Programming
"For greater than a decade, Unicode has been a starting place for lots of Microsoft items and applied sciences; Unicode regular model 5.0 may help us bring vital new merits to users."
--Bill Gates, chairman, Microsoft Corporation
"The direction W3C follows to creating textual content on the internet actually international is Unicode."
--Sir Tim Berners-Lee, kbe, net inventor and director of the realm huge Consortium (W3C)
"Without Unicode, Java would not be Java, and the net could have a more durable time connecting the humans of the world."
--James Gosling, Inventor of Java, solar Microsystems, Inc.
These and different software program luminaries realize that Unicode has develop into an necessary instrument for assisting an more and more worldwide market (see inside of for extra acclaim). A finished procedure of criteria for representing alphabets through the global, Unicode is the root for contemporary programming-- home windows, XML, Python, PERL, Mac OS, Linux--and each significant seek engine and browser in operation today.
New to Unicode model 5.0
- A strong starting place for Unicode protection Mechanisms
- Property facts for the Unicode Collation set of rules and customary Locale info Repository
- Improvements to the Unicode Encoding version for UTF-8
- Rigorous balance of case folding and identifiers for more desirable interoperability and backward compatibility--enabling extra new how you can optimize code
- A systematic framework for more advantageous textual content processing for higher reliability--covering combining characters, Unicode strings, line breaking, and segmentation
This re-creation of Unicode's authentic reference guide has been considerably up-to-date to record the newest revisions to the Unicode normal, with countless numbers of pages of latest details. It contains significant revisions to textual content, figures, tables, definitions, and conformance clauses, and offers transparent and sensible solutions to universal questions. For the 1st time, the ebook includes the Unicode normal Annexes, which specify important strategies corresponding to textual content normalization and identifier parsing.
These advancements are so vital that model 5.0 is the foundation for Microsoft's Vista new release of working platforms, and is integrated in improve plans for Google, Yahoo!, and ICU, to call yet a couple of.
this is often the only e-book all builders utilizing Unicode should have.