By Stefan Raab
Real-world options for Cisco IOS® cellular IP configuration, troubleshooting, and management
- comprehend the idea that of mobility and the necessities of mobility protocols
- examine worthwhile parts of a cellular IP community, together with good points, features, and message flows
- research protection techniques on the topic of cellular IP, together with protocol authentication and dynamic keying
- assessment excessive availability ideas and integration with AAA servers in campus networks
- discover the good points of metro mobility, together with opposite tunneling, firewall, NAT traversal, and integration with VPN technologies
- Configure IOS cellular IP networks, together with integration themes corresponding to redundancy, QoS, and VPN
- deal with the cellular IP infrastructure, together with domestic handle administration, scalability issues, and community management
- seriously look into the way forward for cellular IP, together with Layer 2 integration demanding situations, cellular IPv6, unstructured mobility, and cellular ad-hoc networking
Two of the world’s strongest know-how tendencies, the net and cellular communications, are redefining how and whilst humans entry info. With nearly all of details and new companies being deployed over IP, using units similar to mobile telephones, PDAs, and laptops for having access to info networks is pushing the necessity for “always on” IP connectivity. The evolution of cellular computing issues to a coming jointly of the simplest of computer computing and mobile communications—the predictability and "always attached" event of the laptop mixed with the convenience of use and mobility of the phone phone.
One problem to cellular information communique is relocating info throughout various networks. the answer to this challenge is a standards-based protocol: cellular IP. cellular IP is an open regular that enables clients to maintain an analogous IP deal with, remain attached, and keep ongoing purposes whereas roaming among IP networks.
Mobile IP know-how and purposes is the 1st ebook to handle the sensible program of cellular IP in real-world environments. Cisco IOS® cellular IP configuration, troubleshooting, and administration are coated extensive and supported by way of real-world examples. Mobility ideas addressed during this e-book contain company campus instant LANs and metropolitan mobility for either person units and full networks. every one instance is designed to coach configuration, administration, and troubleshooting in a fashion that's at once appropriate to universal mobility needs.
Whether you're looking for an creation to IP mobility or exact examples of cellular IP know-how in motion, cellular IP expertise and functions is all the source for reaping the advantages that safe, trustworthy cellular communications need to offer.
"IP Mobility presents the potential not just for me to connect with the area at huge, yet for it to discover and fix to me."
—Fred Baker, Cisco Fellow, Cisco structures, Inc.
This ebook is a part of the Cisco Press® Networking expertise sequence, which bargains networking execs invaluable info for developing effective networks, knowing rising applied sciences, and construction winning networking careers.